Table of Contents
- Material and labour costs
- Labour costs vary from one state to another
- Typical costs of bathroom fixtures and installation
If you’re looking to renovate your bathroom this year, then the first things to determine are how much everything costs and how much you have to spend. With every passing year, the costs of bathroom renovations increase a little. So, before you jump into your renovation in 2018, it’s a good idea to look at the current costs to ensure you don’t get a nasty surprise when the bills start rolling in.
To help you understand how much bathroom renovations will cost in 2018, I have compiled a brief guide. In this guide, I’ll explore the costs for bathrooms in 2018 across Australia and in Western Australia. This guide will give you a good idea of how much to budget for bathrooms in Perth, so be sure to read through to the end.
When undertaking a bathroom renovation, not only do you have to purchase materials for your bathroom, but you will also need to pay for tradies; these being namely plumbers, tilers, electricians and plasterers.
You’ll probably be surprised to know that labour costs by such tradies, make the bulk of the cost of your bathroom renovation. For typically sized bathrooms in Perth, labour costs range from $7000-$8000. In comparison, material cost will only range from $3000-$5000.
So, be sure to budget for labour costs along with material costs when you’re calculating for your bathroom renovation. Most people tend to ignore labour costs and end up overspending on materials. Don’t be one of them.
You must also remember that labour charges vary from one state to another. What you will be paying for labour charges in Perth is not the same as in Victoria. Bathroom renovators charge the most in Western Australia, so you can estimate that your renovation costs will be higher than the Australian average.
According to serviceseeking.com.au, the average labour cost for renovating bathrooms in Australia is $65/hr, while it is $62/hr according to canstar.com.au. In comparison to these rates, Western Australia labourers charge an average of $88/hr, so be very mindful of this price hike.
The cost of bathroom fixtures and their installation also depends on the type of fixture. Serviceseeking.com.au offers some typical costs associated with the purchase and installation of common bathroom fixtures. Let’s look at these prices along with the supply cost of those products offered here at Ross’s Discount Home Centre.
- Bathtub – The average cost to supply and install a bathtub is anything between $500 -$9000. At our store, you can purchase a quality bathtub from $190-$1650, leaving you around $310-$7,500 for labour costs.
- Countertops and vanities – They estimate the supply and installation of countertops and vanities to cost between $900 and $6500. At Ross’s, our range of vanities are available for $245-$1,599. This leaves you some $655-$6000+ for labour.
- Bathroom floor tiles – The supply and installation of bathroom floor tiles are said to cost between $920 and $7700. Our ceramic tiles range from $15-$35 per square meter. With the average size of a bathroom just 7.8 square meters, based on these figures, you’re left with $647-$7000+ for labour.
- Shower – The average cost to supply and install a shower is said to cost anything between $550 and $11500. Our showers are available from $195-$1355, leaving $355-$10,000 for labour.
- Bathroom basin – The installation and supply cost of an average bathroom basin will likely set you back between $380 and $6500. At Ross’s, we offer bathroom basins from $90-$390. This leaves $290-$6000+ for labour.
- Toilet – Finally, the average cost to supply and install a toilet cost between $130 and $980. Our toilet suites start from $189-$670, leaving around $300 for installation.
As you can see for yourself, our supply prices are much cheaper than what Serviceseeking.com.au have allowed for in the nationwide averages. To keep your renovation costs to a minimum, shop where you can get quality products at a rock-bottom price. Ross’s Discount Home Centre is one such place – specialising in bathrooms in Perth since 1973!
And, I recommend you to use this handy renovation calculator offered by realestate.com.au to get a good idea of costs. Simply enter your postcode, select ‘Bathroom’ under What Would You Like to Renovate, enter your room measurements and the quality you’re looking for. The calculator will give you an accurate estimate of how much bathrooms in Perth will cost you.
We want to know!
Bathroom renovations are quite common here in Perth. If you’re undertaking a bathroom renovation in 2018, you should have an idea of how much it will cost you. The cost of bathrooms in Perth depend both on material charges and labour charges. While materials cost about the same across Australia, labour charges vary greatly from one state to another. The cost of a bathroom renovation also depends on the fixtures and their installation costs.
To keep your bathroom renovation costs low, consider us at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. You’ll find every fixture that you need for your renovation at our store at the best prices.
Take a look at our range of bathroom products and visit us in Guildford to shop for your bathrooms in Perth today!