Read our latest posts, 2022 Guide to Perth Bathroom Renovations, for current bathroom renovation tips.
If you’re looking to renovate your bathroom this year, then the first things to determine are how much everything costs and how much you have to spend. With every passing year, the costs of bathroom renovations increase a little. So, before you jump into your renovation in 2018, it’s a good idea to look at the current costs to ensure you don’t get a nasty surprise when the bills start rolling in.
I have compiled a brief guide to help you understand how much bathroom renovations will cost in 2018. In this guide, I’ll explore the costs for bathrooms in 2018 across Australia and in Western Australia. This guide will give you a good idea of how much to budget for bathrooms in Perth, so be sure to read through to the end.
Table of Contents
When undertaking a bathroom renovation, you must purchase materials for your bathroom, and you will also need to pay for tradies: plumbers, tilers, electricians and plasterers.
You’ll probably be surprised to know that labour costs by such tradies make up the bulk of the cost of your bathroom renovation. For typically sized bathrooms in Perth, labour costs range from $7000-$8000. In comparison, material cost will only range from $3000-$5000.
So, be sure to budget for labour and material costs when calculating your bathroom renovation. Most people tend to ignore labour costs and end up overspending on materials. Don’t be one of them.
You must also remember that labour charges vary from one state to another. What you will pay for labour charges in Perth is not the same as in Victoria. Bathroom renovators charge the most in Western Australia, so you can estimate that your renovation costs will be higher than the Australian average.
According to serviceseeking.com.au, the average labour cost for renovating bathrooms in Australia is $65/hr, while it is $62/hr, according to canstar.com.au. Compared to these rates, Western Australian labourers charge an average of $88/hr, so be very mindful of this price hike.
The cost of bathroom fixtures and their installation also depends on the type of fixture. Serviceseeking.com.au offers some typical costs associated with purchasing and installing common bathroom fixtures. Let’s look at these prices and the supply cost of those products offered here at Ross’s Discount Home Centre.
- Bathtub – The average cost to supply and install a bathtub is anything between $500 -$9000. At our store, you can purchase a quality bathtub from $190-$1650, leaving you around $310-$7,500 for labour costs.
- Countertops and vanities – They estimate the supply and installation of countertops and vanities to cost between $900 and $6500. At Ross’s, our range of vanities are available for $245-$1,599. This leaves you some $655-$6000+ for labour.
- Bathroom floor tiles – The supply and installation of bathroom floor tiles are said to cost between $920 and $7700. Our ceramic tiles range from $15-$35 per square meter. With the average size of a bathroom just 7.8 square meters, based on these figures, you’re left with $647-$7000+ for labour.
- Shower – The average cost to supply and install a shower is said to cost anything between $550 and $11500. Our showers are available from $195-$1355, leaving $355-$10,000 for labour.
- Bathroom basin – The installation and supply cost of an average bathroom basin will likely set you back between $380 and $6500. At Ross’s, we offer bathroom basins from $90-$390. This leaves $290-$6000+ for labour.
- Toilet – Finally, the average cost to supply and install a toilet cost between $130 and $980. Our toilet suites start from $189-$670, leaving around $300 for installation.
As you can see for yourself, our supply prices are much cheaper than what Serviceseeking.com.au have allowed for in the nationwide averages. To keep your renovation costs to a minimum, shop where you can get quality products at a rock-bottom price. Ross’s Discount Home Centre is one such place – specialising in bathrooms in Perth since 1973!
And I recommend you use this handy renovation calculator offered by realestate.com.au to get a good idea of costs. Simply enter your postcode, select ‘Bathroom’ under What Would You Like to Renovate, and enter your room measurements and the quality you’re looking for. The calculator will give you an accurate estimate of how much bathrooms in Perth will cost you.
Bathroom renovations are quite common here in Perth. If you’re undertaking a bathroom renovation in 2018, you should know how much it will cost you. The cost of bathrooms in Perth depends on material and labour charges. While materials cost about the same across Australia, labour charges vary greatly from one state to another. The bathroom renovation cost also depends on the fixtures and installation costs.
Consider us at Ross’s Discount Home Centre to keep your bathroom renovation costs low. You’ll find every fixture that you need for your renovation at our store at the best prices.
Take a look at our range of bathroom products and visit us in Guildford to shop for your bathrooms in Perth today!