Planning an upcoming bathroom renovation, are you? If you are, then I’m pretty sure you have done some research on how to go about it. And, if you’ve really done your homework and made some calculations, then you’re probably aware that bathroom renovations do not come cheap. In fact, bathroom renovations can well go into tens of thousands of dollars.
But, don’t let this scare you – you don’t need to spend thousands to update your bathroom. You can pull-off a mini bathroom renovation for as little as $200 – you just have to know how to go about your renovation and buy your products wisely.
As Ross’s Discount Home Centre’s head of purchasing, I often meet customers who are looking for cheap bathroom products for a budget bathroom renovation. And, might I add, with my help, they’ve been able to save hundreds, if not thousands on their renovation. Today, I’ll do the same for you.
So, continue reading this post as I list some tips and recommend some products that you can consider for your upcoming bathroom renovation. These products will definitely allow you to make the most of your money while undergoing a budget bathroom renovation in Perth.
1. Replacing your tapware is one of the simplest updates you can make to your bathroom. Tapware is probably the most used element in a bathroom and they are highly functional. By replacing your tapware, not only will you give your bathroom a facelift, but you will also make your space more functional. And, swapping tapware is both cheap and easy – you can replace your old tap for a new one in less than 15 minutes!
Tapware and faucets are available in a range of prices, typically between $19-$200. Keep in mind that you really don’t need to go with high-end taps. Just choose something that looks modern, suits your space and won’t go out of style soon.
For a high performing bathroom tap, consider the Project Basin Mixer. This mixer tap offers the perfect blend of style and functionality and is available for just $69.
2. If replacing the tapware isn’t enough, you can also go ahead and update your basin. As with taps, basins are also heavily used in every bathroom. Over time, basins tend to accumulate water stains, go out of fashion and look dull and dingy. If this is the case with your basin, you should consider updating it with a new one.
Replacing an old basin for a new one is slightly trickier than replacing a tap. Nevertheless, it is still manageable and it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. It is also cheaper than most other bathroom renovation work.
When choosing a new basin for your bathroom, remember to choose something depending on your space. If your space is small, go for a compact vessel basin and vice versa.
Ross’s Discount Home Centre offers an extensive selection of modern vessel basins. Of our range, I’d like to recommend our Asha Vessel Basin. It is a stunning basin which is both attractive as well as practical. And, this basin can be all yours for just $120!
3. Instead of replacing your basin or tapware, you can also give your bathroom a budget makeover by replacing shower curtains with a bath screen. Shower curtains are notorious for collecting mould and they become smelly and unsightly in no time at all. Rather than getting new shower curtains, consider investing in a bath screen.
Bath screens are highly practical and they can transform even the dullest of bathrooms. Unlike shower curtains, they are made of glass. This allows light to pass through which gives the impression of more space. Another huge benefit of bath screens is that they are resistant to mould growth and they can be cleaned easily.
Like the other suggestions in the post, bath screens are also very affordable. In fact, you can find a bath screen within the $200 mark at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. For a budget update, consider installing the Waterford Swing Bath Screen, which is just $195. It features a reversible design and is manufactured out of toughened glass – you can’t go wrong!
4. Adding a new splashback or feature wall is another great design idea for a budget bathroom renovation. While splashbacks can add a touch of style to your bathroom, they will also protect your walls from spills and stains. On the other hand, feature walls allow you to introduce colour into your bathroom and make your bathroom a brighter and more cheerful space. Both options will allow you to transform your bathroom completely and you can design them in any way you want.
The most common area to install a splashback is right above the bathroom basin. However, you can introduce feature walls in any area of your bathroom. The important thing to remember with feature walls and splashbacks is not to go overboard. They are subtle elements with which you can accent your bathroom.
You can create a stunning splashback or feature wall with our range of wall tiles and feature tiles here at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. They are available in a plethora of styles, designs and colours and start from as low as $15 per square metre. With our wall tiles, you can redecorate your bathroom just the way you want – all within your budget.
5. You don’t have to forgo luxury in a budget bathroom renovation. While there are many items you can choose, I recommend you to replace your old showerhead with a new one. A large showerhead will give you a luxurious spa like feeling and will allow you to pamper yourself.
If you’re thinking a luxury showerhead will blow your budget, think again! Provided you know where you shop, you can purchase a modern showerhead at a very affordable price. And, it will fit your existing fittings.
For a luxurious showerhead at a budget-friendly price, Ross’s Discount Home Centre again has you covered. Our Square Shower Head is a WELS rated product, which will set you back just $80. Its good looks and high utility will definitely give your bathroom a fresh makeover.
6. Replacing grout and caulk is one of the easiest and most effective improvements you can make to your bathroom. Grout and caulk always tends to collect dirt and mould over time and can become grimy and unsightly. By simply cleaning the grout and adding fresh caulk, you can add shine and sparkle to your bathroom once again.
Replacing grout and caulk is so simple that it shouldn’t really be considered as renovation work. However, it does yield fantastic results and it will make your bathroom look as good as new. Replacing grout and caulk is so simple that anybody (even with zero DIY experience) can handle it. And, grout and caulk are incredibly cheap, making this a cost-effective way to freshen up your bathroom.
For quality grout and caulk in Perth, look no further than our store at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. We offer a range of tile adhesives and grout which start from as low as $7 for a 2kg bag.
7. Finally, adding a new mirror to your bathroom is yet another inexpensive way to update a bathroom for less than $200. Over time, bathroom mirrors tend to suffer water damage and look worn out. If this is the case with your bathroom mirror, you should definitely consider upgrading it. Mirrors are available in an assortment of shapes and sizes and you’ll definitely find something suitable for your bathroom.
As an alternative to simply getting a new mirror, you can also consider to incorporate storage behind mirrors. Storage is often overlooked in bathrooms, so you should definitely consider adding some extra storage space in your update. Don’t worry – it won’t be expensive. For as little as $195, you can get hold of a quality mirror cabinet which will give your bathroom a fresh makeover.
Just make sure you shop at the right place. And that of course is right here at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. Our mirrors boast of superior construction and they are available for as low as $68!
When it comes to updating a bathroom, it needed cost a fortune. You can undergo a budget bathroom renovation for a little as $200 providing you know what to update and where to shop. To get started, consider one or more of the following: replacing your tapware, updating your basin, replacing shower curtains with a bath screen, adding a splashback or feature wall, adding a luxury showerhead, replacing grout and caulk and adding mirrors.
If you’re looking for quality bathroom products that also affordable, look no further than our store at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. Visit our our online store or drop by our showroom in Guildford to take a look at our range of bathroom products today!