When it comes to creating a visually appealing home, you must not ignore kerbside appeal. With good kerbside appeal, a home looks more welcoming and inviting, and is more valuable.
Kerbside appeal is all about captivating people’s attention as soon as they notice your home. While there are several ways to improve kerbside appeal, you don’t need to spend too much money on it. In fact, there are many affordable and easy ways you can make your home look appealing – and you need only focus on your entrance.
Today, we’ll take a look at 5 such simple design ideas to help you add kerbside appeal to your home.
- Replacing your front door is undoubtedly the most effective way of improving kerb appeal. While this will certainly cost some money, it allows you to give your entrance a complete makeover. And, you can always find reasonably priced entrance doors in Perth here at Ross’s Discount Home Centre. Talk to our experts to place a special order for an entrance door and we’ll get it manufactured for you.
- If you’re not too keen on replacing your front door, you can always add a coat of paint to your existing door. Don’t underestimate the power of paint – it will completely transform the appearance of your entrance! By painting your entrance door in colourful hues, you will really grab the attention of onlookers. Yellow and soft mint are some popular colours you can choose from for painting your front door. Also, check out my previous post on ‘Make your front door look as good as new in 4 easy steps’, where you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to paint your existing door properly.
- You can also anchor your entrance door by contrasting it with darker colours around the base of your house. Darker colours will allow your front door to pop out and catch people’s attention. Also, dark colours will ‘anchor’ down your house, preventing it from floating visually.
- Update your entrance with new fittings and accessories. New accessories, fittings and fixtures will give your home an updated and a fresh look. Updating doorbells or door knockers, exterior light fittings and house numbers are simple and inexpensive. And, by updating old fixtures around your entrance, you’ll definitely boost your kerbside appeal.
- It may seem obvious, but cleaning up your garden and removing all visible clutter from your front yard is a sure way to improve kerbside appeal. So, go ahead and give your front yard and gardens a thorough spring clean. Hiring a garden bag or garden skip bin makes this process much quicker and easier.
- Consider adding plants and greenery around your front door to brighten up your entrance. Evergreen shrubs and winter plants will instantly make your entrance door look more appealing to onlookers. Alternatively, you can also add some decoration or simple furniture to soften up the look of your entrance.
- Get a new doormat. This easy and affordable improvement is often overlooked. Doormats are always subject to heavy use and they get soggy and tatty in no time at all. So, throw out your old doormat and replace it with a new, good looking one. I promise you – it’ll be money well spent on improving kerb appeal.
- Make sure your entrance is well lit. There’s nothing more inviting to guests than a front door which is well lit. Such entrances also allow people to find their way into the house. If your front door lacks sufficient lights, add a few electrical fixtures around it. It is a very simple and effective way of improving your kerb appeal.
- Improve the kerbside appeal of your home by not forgetting your driveway. A simple and affordable improvement such as driveway resurfacing, whether through covercrete, decorative concrete resurfacing, or coloured concrete sealing, can instantly transform the look of your home and make a positive first impression on potential buyers.
There are several simple and effective ways to improve kerbside appeal. Replacing front doors with new doors, painting the front door, anchoring the door with the base, updating accessories, fittings and fixtures around the entrance, cleaning up the garden and front yard, adding plants and decorative items to front doors, getting a new doormat and creating a well-lit entrance are all easy ways which work wonders in improving kerbside appeal.
And, for the best quality entrance doors in Perth at reasonable prices, look no further than Ross’s Discount Home Centre.
Drop by our showroom in Guildford to place a special order for a new entrance door today!