Tiles have long been the preferred splashback material due to their affordability, durability, and design options.
Tiles are by far the most affordable splashback material:
- Tiles from $30 per square meter
- Laminate between $45-$75 per 1.96 metre length
- Acrylic between $85-$105 per 2.4 metre length
- Glass between $150-350 per square meter
- Stone from $300 per square meter
Tiles come in a magnitude of designs, and can be laid in an assortment of patterns to provide a pleasing visual effect; herringbone, running bond, stack bond, basket weave, are just some of the trending patterns subway tiles can create.
Tiles also come in a variety of shapes – subway (rectangle), honeycomb (octagon), square, and penny (round) tiles are also popular splashback choices.