There’s certainly no doubt that most Perth homeowners are proud of their homes and they have every right to be. But, what do you do if the shine starts to fade on your beloved home?
When it comes to improving a home’s appearance, the first thing that most homeowners think of is a renovation. And, if the latest Houzz survey is anything to go by, this is a very hot topic. 74% of those surveyed said improving the design and of their home was their major renovation priority in 2016.
But, before you assume that a full-blown renovation is required (which costs a fortune), know that there are many home improvements you can do you to bring your home back to its former glory that is actually very affordable.
As the head of purchasing at Ross’s Discount Home Centre, customers always ask me how to make home improvements for less. In fact, I’ve been asked this so many times that I thought I should write a post about it.
So, continue reading this post as I list 10 simple home improvements that you can implement. By following these tips, you’ll transform your home back to its best without having to undergo a full renovation.
- If you find your bathroom vanity and kitchen cabinetry to be a little worn out, consider painting them. Painting old cabinetry is a simple and cost-effective solution to replacing them entirely. You can also choose to add new handles to the cabinets as an inexpensive value addition.
- To breathe new life into outdated bathrooms, use tile paints to give it a fresh, new look. If using tile paints seems too much of a chore, you can always re-grout your tiles to make them look fresh once again. You’ll find all the grout materials that you need at our store.
- You may not realise it, but a well-maintained garden can make a huge difference to your home. This is one simple home improvement technique which will transform your curb appeal. Simply get hold of a high-quality wheelbarrow from our store and you can tidy up fallen leaves, lawn clippings and dead foliage with ease.
- Upgrading your floor tiles is by far the best home improvement you can make. While it is a very costly affair, the results are generally quite rewarding. If you think that the initial investment will be too high, you can simply shop for tiles from Ross’s Discount Home Centre. We stock a range of budget-friendly tiles which are suitable for a variety of purposes.
- To modernise your bathroom, there are some little fixes you can make that have a dramatic effect. Adding new handles, replacing the toilet seat and re-grouting are just a few simple fixes you can make. And, for all your bathroom accessories and toilet seats, you’ll find everything that you need here at our store.
- New windows have a huge impact on a dated home. Consider replacing your old windows with stunning new aluminium windows from our store. Our aluminium windows will make any old home look new again.
- Adding new appliances to your kitchen is a great home improvement in terms of functionality, and they need not cost a fortune. By investing in new appliances, you can upgrade your lifestyle and become more energy-efficient.
- Give your rooms a fresh coat of paint to make them look new and modern. This is a very simple home improvement upgrade which is reasonably affordable, but yields astounding results.
- Update your main entrance to make your home look more welcoming and to give it some character. You can add elements from your interiors to give your exteriors a refined look. Take a look at this previous post of mine entitled “Make your front door look as good as new in 4 easy steps” for more ideas.
- A new toilet will enhance the appearance of any bathroom, whilst improving your water efficiency. You’ll find a range of high performance toilet suites at budget-friendly prices at our store.
There are many home improvement techniques which allow you to give your home a new look without breaking the bank. Some of these include repainting cabinets, re-grouting tiles, tidying up the garden, upgrading floor tiles, replacing small bathroom accessories, installing aluminium windows, adding kitchen appliances, repainting rooms, upgrading your front door and adding a new toilet. These simple tricks will transform your home completely, even on a small budget.
And, for all your home improvement products, look nowhere else but Ross’s Discount Home Centre. Drop by our showroom in Guildford or shop from us online today!